ISKF Southern Regional Karate Training Camp 2.27.10: Baylor University, Waco, TX
Instructor: Leon Sill, Sensei, ISKF 7th Dan
1. 8 direction shuto uke: Practice for pivoting, turning, pulling through center.
2. Shuto Uke with back and hip against wall alternating sides.
3. Heian Sandan and all power blocks e.g. mountain block, downward hammerfist in Jion: No pause on fumikomi geri and don't twist or bend body in chambering.
4. Jion: No pause on fumikomi geri
5. Importance of locking back leg in kokutsu dachi.
6. Bassai Dai: Pulling motion with hands on fumikomi geri but no bend of body.
7. First hand movement in Tekki Shodan bunkai=kake uke/hooking block.
8. Emhasis on coordinated movement: hands and feet finish at same time for focus/kime.
9. Kanku dai: First lower hips and the drop.
10. Jion: Last 2 movements bunkai = grabbing opponent wrist the side punch.
11. Jion: On jiyu uke, trapping feeing first before uraken uchi.
12. Jion: Manje uke" no chambering for punch.
13. Difference between haiwan, niwan and gaiwan.
14. Tekki Shodan: 2 man drills.