Stan Schmidt is one of the world's most famous and internationally recognized karate masters. He was the first non-Japanese karate practitioner to attain the grade of 7th degree black belt from the Japan Karate Association (JKA) and is the only non-Japanese member of the Shihankai (Council of Masters) of the JKA/WF. He has visited Japan dozens of times since 1963 to train with Japanese experts at the JKA's famous honbu (headquarters) in Tokyo. He is the Chief Instructor of the South Africa JKA with over 25,000 active students, and is a Founding Fellow of the International Karate Society (IKS).
Beginning from down block position in front stance:
1. Stepping forward into front stance, triple punch, face-stomach-stomach.
2. Stepping backward into front stance, rising block, reverse punch stomach.
3. Stepping forward into front stance, outside round block (soto uke), reverse punch stomach.
4. Stepping backward into back stance, inside forearm block (uchi uke), moving frontfoot to change to front stance, reverse punch stomach.
5. Stepping forward into back stance, knife-hand block (or strike), front-leg front kick,moving front foot to change to front stance, reverse spear hand stomach.
6. Hands at sides for kicking (mae geri gamae), rear-leg front kick, leg back.
7. Front-leg front kick face, rear-leg front kick stomach, stepping forward.
8. Move rear foot behind front foot to change to side stance, facing to the rear. Stepping across, side snap kick.
9. Turn to face the other way, stepping across, side snap kick with the other leg.
10 Turn to face the other way, stepping across, side thrust kick.
11. Turn to face the other way, stepping across, side thrust kick with the other leg.
12. Turn to face the other way (you should be facing in the opposite direction fromthe starting position), change to fighting stance (jiyu gamae). Rear-leg roundkick, stepping forward into front stance, front-hand backfist strike-snap face,reverse punch stomach